What is Quick Cards?
Quick Cards is a simple and accessible way for students to study classroom material. Quick Cards presents simple navigation, cleanly enhanced visuals and complete audio prompting in order create a distraction- and frustration-free way of learning. Your students will be flipping their way through customized flash cards in no time!
Customizable and adaptive, Quick Cards makes learning a breeze!
What does Quick Cards offer?
- Practice mode presents the cards simply, allowing for easy independent study.
- A single key press audibly and visually presents the other side of the card.
- Another key press progresses to the next card.
- Practice lessons loop until you choose the exit the lesson, allowing ample opportunity for practice.
- Test mode prompts the students with multiple choice answers for each card.
- Each card can have predefined incorrect answers, or answers drawn from the other cards in the deck.
- At the end of each test, statistics are shown in various formats and incorrect cards can be reviewed. Great for keeping track of student progress!
- Scores can be saved and printed, should your record keeping require it.
- Test Mode can be used to administer accessible quizzes for your students!
- Study decks contain missed cards from the most recent test.
- Automatically created after a lesson, no work is required to focus further studying.
- No matter what the topic, Quick Cards makes studying a snap!
How does it work?
- Every time Test Mode is completed, the student’s score is presented.
- The score included a percentage correct, in addition to showing each individual question that was missed.
- Great solution for student documentation!
- Use the included deck editor to quickly create custom flash card decks.
- Outside word processors can optionally be used to create decks.
- Each deck can contain any number of cards.
- Tweak settings to randomize card order or flip which side is presented first.
- Optionally input specific incorrect answers for each card, providing a deeper study challenge.
Designed by Teachers
- Designed and developed by a blind rehabilitation instructor (MSEd., COMS, CVRT).
- Tested by Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI’s) and other Special Education teachers.
- Fine-tuned to meet teacher recommendations and student needs.
How about accessibility?
- Choose from a variety of font sizes, from small to large.
- A vast array of color options for text and backgrounds.
- Clean, simple and distraction-free user interface.
- A single key at the main menu can quickly cycle between your saved schemes, which is great for teaching multiple students on the same machine.
- Customize speed and pitch of various voices.
- Single key press to hear each side of a card.
- Designed to be used entirely without vision.
- Quick Cards is an all-inclusive accessible program. No outside accessibility software is required!
- Great solution for users who have difficulty with more advanced adaptive software.
- Can be used as a teaching tool for understanding basic computer concepts.
What are the system requirements?
The aim of Quick Cards is to be accessible to as many students as possible. As such, Quick Card’s system requirements are quite low. It should work on any Windows computer.
- Windows operating system.
- An internet connection for initial installation and registration.
- Optional: Quick Cards can use other SAPI TTS voices installed on your computer. Additional voices can be purchased from various vendors online. If you’re unsure about other voices, don’t worry. All modern builds of Windows include default voices which can be used.