Compact 5 HD
The first handheld video magnifier offering superior images in high definition.
Experience a revolutionary breakthrough in electronic handheld low vision technology with the Optelec Compact 5 HD.
In high definition, you can now read from glossy magazines, letters, displays and price tags.
Lightweight, always in focus and easy to use, the Compact 5 HD is the first true replacement of the traditional optical magnifier that will grow with your needs with the lowest and widest magnification range from 1.5 to 18 times zoom.
Use the Optelec Compact 5 HD in two ergonomic positions. Open the Compact 5 HD for a perfect reading angle and move smoothly across newspapers and magazines (pictured below left). Alternatively, close the Compact 5 HD (pictured below right) for use on-the-go, spot reading and distance viewing (up to 1.2 metres).
Small, lightweight and easy to use
The Compact 5 HD is small and light enough to fit easily in your pocket and features a 5-inch widescreen. The buttons are easy to see and operate. To meet your specific needs, each Compact 5 HD setting can be customized and saved using the special large icon menu as illustrated (below right).
See the difference in High Definition
Using the latest high definition camera, the Compact 5 HD offers so much more than standard handheld video magnifiers:
- 4 times the depth of field
- 3 times more resolution
- Auto-focus camera offering superior image quality at every magnification level
- 16 high contrast semi-colour combinations for easier reading
Enjoy a greater overview for easy orientation
Using the minimum 1.5 times magnification, the Optelec Compact 5 HD offers a greater overview of reading materials for easier orientation compared with either a handheld optical or pocket video magnifier with a standard camera, as illustrated below:
- Continuous zoom: 1.5 to 18 times magnification
- High Definition auto-focus camera for superior images and intuitive reading
- 5-inch full colour TFT widescreen display
- High contrast semi-colours for easier reading
- Use for reading close-up or at a distance of up to 1.2 metres (4 feet)
- Tilting screen position for comfortable viewing
- Designed to move smoothly over reading materials
- Innovative lighting design for a consistently-lit on-screen image
- Snapshot facility with audio indication sounds
- Large icon settings and information menu
- Rechargeable battery offering an average of 3 hours continuous use
- Carrycase and wrist strap
- Dimensions: 13.7 x 8.8 x 2.3 cm / 5.4 x 3.5 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 294 grams / 10.4 inches