Are you a blind singer or instrumentalist who needs to have braille scores quickly? Do you want to print your musical ideas out in standard staff notation for sighted people to read? Are you an educator or rehabilitation professional serving blind musicians who has no time to learn to be a braille music transcriber? GOODFEEL® can help you. GOODFEEL® automatically converts several kinds of music files to braille - the same files used to print the score for sighted players. To prepare and transcribe these files with the GOODFEEL® suite, you do not need to know how to read braille music; however, you should know how to read print music notation and how to use a Windows PC.
Features of GOODFEEL®
- Quickly transcribe to braille from Finale, Sibelius and other popular music notation software used by band, orchestra and choir directors via MusicXML notation interchange format
- Synchronized scrolling of print and braille notation for current musical measure
- Ships with Lime 9 which simplifies entering of text annotations and has an improved MusicXML import/export feature.
- Blind musicians can now read and write musical scores with the Lime notation editor that ships with GOODFEEL® via the improved Lime Aloud JAWS-based access features. Lime Aloud is a Whole New Way for the Blind to Read and Write Music. Note: JAWS 6.2 through 14 required. Available in English, Spanish (Español) and German (Deutsch). Support for other languages coming soon.
- Blind musicians can easily create print and equivalent braille transcriptions for collaboration with sighted or blind teachers, colleagues or students.
- Friendly user interface to permit customization of braille music output
- Optional integration with the Duxbury (literary) Braille Translator to facilitate transcription of theory or method books that have large blocks of expository text.
GOODFEEL® is fast and flexible! Braille a single part, selected parts, or an entire score in seconds! GOODFEEL® features integrated literary braille translation for most western languages so you can braille both the words and the tune.
GOODFEEL® supports U.K. Formatting! GOODFEEL® can now be configured to conform closely to the formatting conventions used for braille music production in the UK.
GOODFEEL® Lite Version GOODFEEL® Lite gives you all the features of the full product but limits you to just one of these braille music formats: instrumental music, vocal parts or keyboard.
GOODFEEL® is easy to use!
- Scan the print score (optional step).
- Use Lime to enter and edit the score using your PC and/or MIDI musical keyboard or import via MusicXML interchange format from Finale, Sibelius or other third-party notation programs.
- Proofread or audition your piece.
- Emboss or edit braille notation.