Freedom Scientific's SARA™ CE (Scanning And Reading Appliance, Camera Edition) is the next-generation self-contained scanning and reading appliance for the blind and those with low vision.
The SARA CE is simple to use. Just place a printed page under the camera, and the SARA CE instantly starts reading it to you with RealSpeak® human-sounding speech. No computer experience is needed. You don't even need to push a button to read almost any printed material – books, magazines, mail, and more. The camera automatically senses when a new page is presented.
Packed with Features
A built-in keypad with brightly-colored tactile keys provides access to a wealth of additional features. Pause reading, move forward and backward, or hear a word spelled out. Change the reading speed and volume. Select a different voice. Scan and read in one of 16 languages. Change the scanning mode to capture bound books, and save them on the 160GB hard drive or a USB thumb drive. Read one of the 222 classic novels that come already installed.
The SARA CE talks you through each step with audible menus. There is even built-in Help and an audible onboard user manual.
Low Vision Features
- Connect a monitor to access the customizable low vision features
- Increase the text size
- Change text and background colors
- Add more space between letters
- Highlight words as they are spoken.
Fast, Automatic Page CaptureIn automatic mode, the SARA CE senses motion, so it knows to snap an image whenever you turn a page. Place your paperback novel sideways, and the SARA CE will snap two pages at a time. You can keep turning pages and capturing images while the SARA CE reads to you.
With ABBYY FineReader® added to the OmniPage® OCR engine, the SARA CE has the fastest print to speech conversion yet.
Built-in Braille Support
Additional option to use Braille. Just connect one of our portable Braille displays — such as the Focus or a PAC Mate™ Portable Braille Display — to the USB port of the SARA CE, and documents can be read in Braille in addition to speech.
More SARA CE Features
- Save files stored on USB thumb drives
- Option to continue scanning the next page while reading the first
- Supports scanning and reading in multiple languages and additional dialects
- Opens a variety of file types from USB
- Independent keyboard Help for document reading, menus, dialogs, and playing audio books