Perkins Classic Brailler
Time Tested: Developed at Perkins in 1951, the Perkins Brailler continues to be used worldwide. Durable and dependable, it can emboss 25 lines with 42 cells on an 11" x 8 ½" sheet of paper.
- Can emboss 25 lines with 42 cells on 11" x 8 ½" sheet of paper.
- Highly durable (known to last for decades)
- Margin Guides can be moved right and left to accommodate paper size
- Straightforward, easy to use, and with fewer errors compared with using a slate and stylus
- Weight: 10.6 lb (4.8 kg)
- Paper size maximum: 11.5 x 14 in (29.2 x 35.6 cm)
- Recommended paper weight: 90 lb
- Key pad: Ergonomic design for ease of typing; Perkins keyboard standard
- Bell: Audible bell sounds 7 spaces before end of line
Braille produced by the Perkins Brailler conforms to the American National Library Service for the Blind Size and Spacing Standard.
- Dot height: .019 in (.5 mm)
- Dot diameter: .057 (1.4 mm)
- Dot spacing: .09 in (2.3 mm)
- Character spacing: .24 in (6 mm)
- Line spacing: .4 in (10 mm)